Today’s Wordless Wednesday shows how FAST my Hylocereus Undatus has grown over the past 6 months. In the intense heat of a Florida summer, the stem segments can put on 16″ in a fortnight! With growth this rapid, how do we not see it as it happens!?!
Let’s start with a picture taken on Monday, September 17 and work backwards:
On May 16, it looked VERY different:
:And this is how it looked on March 12, when I removed it from the original container and dug it in-ground:
WOW!! That looks downright small in comparison!!!
As an FYI, I purchased this specimen in the Fall of 2011 and kept it as a container plant for 6mos before planting. Hylocereus usually flower/fruit after reaching age 2, so I suspect it will bud sometime next summer.
If you’d like to know more about this remarkable vining cactus, check out the University of Florida Miami/Dade Pitaya page.
To see other bloggers’ interpretations of Wordless Wednesday, click on any of the Zemanta provided links below!
Until next time…..
- My Very First Wordless Wednesday! (smallhousebiggarden.wordpress.com)
- Wordless Wednesday – Sophia’s First Day of Ballet… Again! (5minutesformom.com)
- Wordless Wednesday: SCBWI Conference Photos – A Unique Perspective (joycelansky.blogspot.com)
- Wordless Wednesday: My Little Boy (formulamom.com)
- Wordless Wednesday: Autumn Playtime in Our Yard LINKY (tarasviewoftheworld.com)
- Wordless Wednesday – “Spooky Spirit” (morningtempest.com)
- Wordless Wednesday – Wild Tsunami (create-with-joy.com)
- Wordless Wednesday – A Sad Day For Montesano High School Football Fans (tammystwocents.com)