Since my last post an entire week’s gone by…and what a mad dash of a week it was! My oldest son was in town, and he crams more activity in a single day than any other person I know. Take April 12th for example: 10am we’re on the beach; Noon we’re in a restaurant; 2pm we’re racing home to shower/change; 3pm we’re at the Hibiscus Festival; 5pm I’m dropped back home; 6pm he and Maggie drive 2.5hrs across the state to a VIP party (hotel room included!) hosted by a co-worker. Dance til dawn, April 13!
Carpe diem is how he rolls!
The entire week was a definite BLAST, but Maggie and I were exhausted by Easter! Nevertheless, we rallied for our new family tradition: celebrating with brunch at the Disney Vero Beach Resort:
Maggie’s fiancé took the above photo, so I returned the favor:
While we were racing around all week, Spring snuck up on my back gardens:
For my beloved Amaryllis, a little slideshow!
It’s looking decidedly like Spring, yeah?
Before I close, a head’s up on something I stumbled across at our Beachside CVS:
I’ve NEVER seen flower bulbs sold at CVS, have you?!? I purchased these on Saturday, and have since hit 3 other CVSs, but couldn’t find them anywhere! (and I scrounged the stores HARD!)
For all you gardeners, “keep an eye peeled” as my Irish Granny was wont to say! You might get lucky, too!
Until next time…..
:) :) :)
- Almost Easter (tammanyandminsi.wordpress.com)
- My Petals Are All W.E.T….. (sharoncummings.wordpress.com)
- Amaryllis ~ The Horn Section (lunarhomeandgarden.com)
- Easter flowers in short supply (yle.fi)
- That’s one handsome family of redheads (hamptonroads.com)
- Debbie Croft: As wildflowers bloom, foothills come alive with activities (mercedsunstar.com)