This week’s challenge asks that we share a photo that makes you dream, so when I noticed this picture of two 9 year olds on my Facebook Timeline, I knew I’d found my shot. Taken in 1998, you might recognize one of the little girls as a younger Maggie (yes, she was lanky even then! ;)) At the time, she and her chum were one year into a friendship I suspect will be lifelong.
The neighborhood in which their friendship formed was exactly what you’d expect of a residential enclave in urban New England: 100+ yr old streets, and homes with big, leafy trees. The park in the photo was equidistant from both houses, a pretty, winding street away, and they’d stroll to meet each other there. Together they hatched plans, discussed boys, and created a haven away from family turmoils, which were eerily similar in both young lives.
In the way of true friends, they lend support when dreams are shattered, and celebrate when they come true!
Eternal Flame by the Bangles was a popular song when Maggie was born. Although written with romantic love in mind, the chorus applies beautifully to any solid friendship:
Say my name sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely
And then you come and ease the pain
I don’t want to lose this feeling
I hope you enjoy the song, set to Disney animation in honor of the 9yr olds who watched these movies and inspired this post:
Until next time…..
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (imperfecthappiness.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge:DREAMING (4) (mytropicalhome.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: DREAMING (thefeistsgreatescape.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (lynneayersbeyondthebrush.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge (timzauto) (timzauto.wordpress.com)