A while back, I ordered a winter-blooming grab bag from the conservatory collection at Glasshouseworks.com. Among the plants I received, was this lovely Alternanthera Dentata Purple Knight, commonly known as Calico Plant or Joyweed. I’ve never grown this zone 10 perennial before and was unsure how winter might affect it; I’m keeping it in a container for now, but despite cooler than normal nights, it seems to be flourishing!
As you can see, the flowerbuds are progressing nicely. 🙂
If you’d like to learn more about “Purple Knight,” I highly recommend a VERY humorous post called Practical Joker. 😉
Until next time…..
🙂 🙂 🙂
- Wordless Wednesday 23 (curiosakat.com)
- Wordless Wednesday: You Don’t Scare Me, I Have Teens and a Fleece Blanket. (thisfullhouse.com)
- (Almost) Wordless Wednesday: Views of Tuscany in 2007 (writemeg.com)
- Wordless Wednesday (danajoward.wordpress.com)
- Wordless Wednesday – Two Alert Cats (create-with-joy.com)
- Wordless Wednesday – Snowy Backroads #ww (ahensnest.com)