Mallory Square, located on the waterfront in Key West‘s historic Old Town, is the site of a nightly arts festival. Two hours before sunset, masses of people flock to the water’s edge to watch the sun sink into the Gulf of Mexico….a true multicultural event for tourists and locals alike, and on Monday night we were there! 🙂
Sunset Celebration includes food carts, street performers and arts and crafts exhibitors.
We strolled the length of the pier, looking for an open spot along the railing and near the Aquarium we finally found one.
Imagine our surprise when we looked over the railing and saw this! 😯
Only something really spectacular tops an unexpected manatee sighting but as the sky darkened, we understood why so many people had gathered:
So beautiful! 🙂
We had such fun in Key West! The flora was absolutely gorgeous! 🙂 As I organize the photos, I’ll surely post more of what we saw and did!
Until next time…..
🙂 🙂 🙂
- Three Things to Try in Key West (diaryofadesertfox.com)
- A Quiet Morning in Key West (thisfloridalife.com)
- A Night in the Keys emulates Mallory Square on Wednesdays (goerie.com)
- LIVE Weather Cams (local10.com)
- The Southernmost Point – Key West (ksoto004.wordpress.com)
- Page 186 of 365 A Word a Week Challenge: Boat (thisdayin.wordpress.com)
- Washed away (the4copes.wordpress.com)