If you’ve never heard of, or seen the Blue Angels, all I can say is “Why not???” The U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron puts on one CRAZY amazing show. Saturday marks my third Blue Angel’s event–I’ve seen them at military bases in D.C. and Massachusetts–so I know to bring earplugs and plenty of water. Hanging out on the tarmac is really HOT and noisy!
Anyway….I snapped a few pics as they zipped overhead:
And stacked atop each other….
Climbing straight up:
Drop and roll down!
Vero Beach is an Aviation town: the international headquarters of Piper Aircraft is here, as well as two renowned flight schools, (one made infamous after the 9/11 terrorists trained there. eek!). In addition, Maggie’s fiancé is a soon to be graduate of Embry Riddle Aeronautic Mechanic school, and I worked for Delta Airlines for 8yrs so now you understand the level of local interest in this event! If you doubt me, check out the Air Show articles under Zemanta related links! The newspapers have been carrying on about planes this entire week! 😉
Until next time…..
🙂 🙂 🙂
- Blue Angels will affect Vero Beach traffic May 8-11 (tcpalm.com)
- Blue Angels in Vero Beach on “recon” mission (insidevero.com)
- Videos: See the performers coming to the Vero Beach Air Show (tcpalm.com)
- Angel sightings in Vero Beach (tcpalm.com)
- Navy’s Blue Angels are set to soar again (stripes.com)
- GOOD TO BE BACK: Blue Angels return to Thunder Over Louisville (newsandtribune.com)
- Viral Video: First Person View Of Blue Angels Practice (y98.cbslocal.com)
- Blue Angels performance highlight of Vero Beach Air Show May 10-11 | Photo gallery (tcpalm.com)