Happy Memorial Day!
If you visit the Oslo Riverfront Conservation Area bring plenty of bug spray, and be prepared for an interesting twist! This 365 acre preserve is loaded with jungle-like trails through 3 distinct habitats–coastal hammocks, pine flatwoods, and coastal wetlands. This morning I hiked halfway around, starting at the “P” (click to enlarge map below), and ending at the wetlands Observation Tower before heading back.
Along the way I snapped many photos for this week’s challenge, starting with a twist at the trailhead:
Further along, a series of slightly elevated (barely stable!!) planks twisted over an area where water pools during rainy season:
To the left of the planking, I saw a flowering saw palmetto in all its foamy, twisted glory!
Woohoo! “Walking the plank” without twisting an ankle! 😉 Life is good! 🙂
Entering the wetlands habitat, I was caught short by these mangroves in the early morning mist. The sun’s reflection and their twisty branches was a beautiful sight!
Climbing the observation tower, I could see the best was yet to come:
To the left of the ramp, an amazing glimpse of twisted roots…
and from the very end, the lagoon’s shoreline:
Because I was enjoying myself so much, I took a moment to twist and shout…
before heading down the ramp as if nothing happened!
For other twisted posts, click here and on the Zemanta related links below!
Until next time….
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Twist (namz610.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Twist (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)
- Twisted Grapes (365daysofthankyou.com)
- WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Twisted(ed) (inkhammer.wordpress.com)
- Twist: Tourist in Your Own City (cardinalguzman.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Twist (yobynos.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Twist (rigmormortis1998.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photography Challenge: Twist (kaylahillphotography.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge-Twist (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Twist (rutheh.com)