Nothing says Summer Lovin’ like a hot, steamy night with an electric storm on the horizon.
I snapped these pics at the McWilliams Park Boat Ramp while waiting for my friend Ivana to start her first ever road race…at age 70!
Shortly after her son died (unexpectedly) last December, Ivana began walking 3-4x per week to manage her sadness and stress levels. Before too long, walking turned to jogging and the goal became training hard enough to compete in a marathon by 2015. Go Ivana! 🙂
Last night’s run was a family event to benefit the Vero Beach High School Cross Country team. Participants included kids as young as 6, and men well into their 80s, but Ivana was the sole entrant in the Women ages 70-75 category. 🙂
After a brief lightning delay, the starting gun and cheerleaders kicked things off:
32mins later, Ivana crossed the finish line with a time that marked her personal best. I wish I’d gotten clearer pictures, but dusk was rapidly falling.
For other Summer Lovin’ posts, click on the Zemanta related links below!
Until next time….
PS: Did it irk anyone else that WP left the “g” off the end of loving? Arrrggghhhh! I cringed every time I had to type that hokey spelling!
🙂 🙂 🙂
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (thegravelghost.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (pinkpodster.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (babyjill7.wordpress.com)
- W P Photo Challenge – Summer Lovin’ (yournibblednews.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (suebeeandkat.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (thechangingpalette.com)
- Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (tnkerr.wordpress.com)
- Let’s Have Another Cup Of Coffee – Weekly Photo Challenge – Summer Lovin’ (theadventuresofjustinbeaver.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ Deux (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin’ (nofixedplans5.wordpress.com)