This week’s challenge asks us to share a photo to illustrate the cover of a movie, cd, or book. For several days I plowed through every image on my hard drive but nothing inspired me. Then ten minutes ago, a light bulb moment: I DO have a picture that illustrates an award winning movie from the year 2000 AND ties in with key components of my blog.
First the photo, then the explanation/description.Requiem for a Dream (2000) is a psychological drama that explores the mental states of people suffering drug addiction. When they use, a door opens briefly into a world where everything is colorful and bright; but then it closes and everything is worn, rusty and miserable. Having been through this struggle, I can vouch for the movie’s portrayal, and I love how the photo informs it
Now at first glance you may not notice (I didn’t!) the small green “running man exit sign”. How great is its inclusion for the cover art? Sure, there’s a way out, but it’s barely visible in the upper right corner of an addict’s mind.
This photo was taken last month from inside The Orangery at Kew Gardens and I feel fortunate to have it! Two days prior, I sat alone in Turnham Green and wept at being drug and methadone free thousands of miles from home. In a way, this image is a souvenir of my past as well as a trip I thought I’d NEVER take. I’m glad I could share it as cover art.
Until next time…
🙂 🙂 🙂
- Weekly Photo Challenge-Cover-Art (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Cover Art (geophiliac.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Cover Art 2 (Cinderella Search) (chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Cover Art (smkelly8.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My Halloween Card As Cover Art (piecesofstarlight.wordpress.com)
- WPC: Cover Art (lulumusing.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: COVER ART: The Life of Maggie (maggiecarlise.wordpress.com)
- WPC – Cover Art (bessjonesphotography.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Cover Art (livinglearningandlettinggo.wordpress.com)
- Cover Art Challenge (wtfaioa.wordpress.com)