This week’s photo challenge is part 2 of my Moscow penpal saga. If you’re new or missed part 1, read this first. The short version: I’ve been communicating with a Russian man for quite awhile now, and this week I received a package!
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! 🙂 Such crazy fun and what an interesting glimpse of a major cultural difference! First the trinkets:
…next, a perfectly themed Yuri Gagarin t-shirt! Evgeny is an astrophysicist: one of our earliest conversations was about the Cold War Space Race.
Maggie arrived home while I was opening the final item and we nearly killed ourselves laughing. Gender roles are alive and kicking in Moscow…bigtime!
I’ve been around a long time, and no man in his right mind has ever given me an apron! Apparently this is high praise from a Russian male so I won’t smack him with a frying pan; couldn’t reach that high anyway!! 🙂
I’ve been enjoying this entire experience so much I began studying Russian two months ago. Slow going, but I’m getting better at cadence and recognizing which cyrillc syllables are stressed when I see words in print. However, to express yourself well, you REALLY need to understand complicated grammar rules…so I bought these:
До следующего раза! (until next time!)
🙂 🙂 🙂
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Express Yourself (smkelly8.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge-Express-Yourself (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- The Daily Post Photo Challenge: Express Yourself (charlieray45.wordpress.com)
- Express yourself?! (Part 1) (closetoeighty.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Express Yourself (sowsweet.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Express Yourself (Language) (chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
- Expressions (elementaryposters.com)
- 15-01-23 Weekly Photo Challenge – Express Yourself – (quotidianhudsonriver.com)
- Expressing History (canuckeyeview.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Express Yourself (largeself.com)